IOSH Managing Safely.
IOSH MANAGING SAFELY
Available Course dates:
Tuesday 30th July – Thursday 1st August 2019
Monday 16th September – Wednesday 18th September 2019.
Call 01925 446718 or email email@example.com for more information.
IOSH Managing Safely Course Aims:
The aim of the IOSH Managing Safely course is to ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by managers. To enable them to review their own safety systems. It give’s the ability to introduce new controls and possibly implement changes as appropriate to ensure safety in the workplace.
Who Should Attend?
The Managing safely course is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, who are required to manage health and safety risk and resources within their organisation. It is also beneficial for anybody wishing to get into the Health and Safety profession or Management. The IOSH qualification is an impressive qualification to add to a CV.
On successful completion of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Explain ‘managing safely’.
- Explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65.
- Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident. To demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved.
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking non-reporting.
- Describe methods of basic trend analysis for reactive monitoring data.
- Define ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’, and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of risk assessment technique and the data required for records.
- Describe workplace precaution hierarchies.
- Prepare and use active monitoring checklists. To implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records.
- Outline the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- Outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and information sources such as the HSE.
- 1. Module 1 – Introduction and Overview.
- 2. Module 2 – Risk Assessment.
- 3. Module 3 – Risk Control.
- 4. Module 4 – Health and Safety Legislation.
- 5. Module 5 – Common Hazards.
- 6. Module 6 – Investigating Accidents and Incidents.
- 7. Module 7 – Measuring Performance.
- 8. Module 8 – Environmental Protection.
What do IOSH Managing Safely Courses involve?
The IOSH Managing Safely course has eight comprehensive modules. These modules cover risk assessment and control, Health and Safety Legislation, common hazards, accident and incident investigation. Also covered is performance measurement and environmental protection. Effectively covering all aspects of safety management in the workplace.
To obtain the IOSH Managing Safely certificate, attendees will need to complete a four day course. The course is delivered using high quality animated graphics. This includes sophisticated, fun presentations to make the content of the course more memorable. With training tools including board games, DVDs and quizzes displaying clear scenarios and essential practical content. We have worked hard to ensure that taking an IOSH Managing Safely course is an enjoyable experience as possible.
Attendees will officially attain their IOSH Managing Safely certificate upon successful completion of both the written and practical assessments of the course.
An IOSH Managing Safely certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course successfully completing both written and practical assessments. Candidates will also receive an excellent workbook from IOSH, with all the tools to help them once they are back in the workplace.
Understanding of the course material is evaluated by means of a 45-minute written assessment paper consisting of 20 multi-format questions. There is also a practical assessment.
For more information on the IOSH Managing Safely course do not hesitate to contact us here at Contact Us. For no obligation advice and a professional service. We look forward to hearing from you.
MHA Training was established in 2008 based at our training centre in Warrington, Cheshire. We provide an array of services On-Site also for clients around the North West in areas such as Manchester, Liverpool, Widnes, St Helens, Runcorn, Wigan, Preston and Leeds. Over the years we have expanded and have instructors available for all of our courses Nationwide.
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher Course:
Recently IOSH have introduced a one day refresher course. This enables candidates having previously sat a course within 3 years to keep their qualification current and upto date in just a one day course. For more information please see the factsheet below.