Carried out by qualified instructors, the Manual Handling Training course is designed to cover a number of Manual Handling topics. It will enable the candidate on completion to recognise a manual handling problem. It will give them the tools to be able to initiate a risk assessment and lift or carry in a safe manner. We can deliver these courses in-house or to gain Qualsafe certification.
- Fully Qualified and Highly Experienced Trainers.
- Half day course (2-3 Hours).
Our Manual Handling training courses include the following subject areas:
- The requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- The legal requirements to provide Manual Handling Training.
- Principles of good movement.
- The anatomy of the spine.
- Manual Handling related injuries.
- Mechanics of incorrect and correct manual handling techniques.
- Practical exercises.
- Principles of manual handling techniques will include:
- The task.
- The load.
- The working environment.
- The individual capability.
- Practical applications of lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying.
- Risk Assessment and its practical application.
There is a Maximum of upto 20 Candidates per Manual Handling training course, however we can run two courses per day with one manual handling instructor. We also have more manual handling instructors available should it be required. This means we can run courses simultaneously should the facilities be available to do so.
For more information regards safe lifting techniques please see our booklet Manual Handling Basics.
The course information is based on the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, amended 2002. It is also covered under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. At MHA Training we like to make our Manual Handling Training courses fun and use the best training aids available whilst also covering the serious points of the subject.
If you are unsure as to what manual handling training you require please Contact us on (01925)446718 (office) or 07862230077 (mobile). Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to assist or come and assess your current records free of charge to ensure legal compliance.
MHA Training was established in 2008 based at our training centre in Warrington, Cheshire. We provide a wide range of services On-Site also for clients around the North West in areas such as Manchester, Liverpool, Widnes, St Helens, Runcorn, Wigan, Preston and Leeds. Over the years we have expanded and have instructors available for all of our courses Nationwide.